True to its name, this beach offers a beautiful view of the emerald green sea and contrasting white beach. The place is also designated as one of “the 55 Selected Beaches in Japan” by the Environment Agency. You can even look over all the way to Ie Island.
The popular beach is open for swimming from April to October, and every year at end of July, the beach also becomes the site for the popular summer festival fireworks.
Either for playing, relaxing, or scenic viewing, Emerald Beach will be a satisfying choice!
- Facility Information
- Northern Okinawa's proud beach, right at Ocean Expo Park
- Business Hours
- Apr - Sep 8:30-19:00
- The first Wednesday of Dec. and The following day.
- 905-0206, 424, Ishikawa,Motobu-Town, Okinawa Prefecture
- Parking Area
- 1400 cars
- Transportation Access
- Approximately 20 minutes from Kinen koen-mae Bus stop by Walk
- Jellyfish prevention net
Coin-operated locker (100yen)
- Other than the swim period is possible only stroll.